Friday 15 August 2014

London Loving

Currently being on summer holidays means not only do I get to travel and see countries and cities, it also means I get to do things in London that I love! 

First up is brunch! The holidays give me plenty of time to catch up with friends and what better way to do so than over eggs and mimosas. The Bluebird Cafe is one of The Kings Road's institutions and I'm happy to say that the brunch did not disappoint!

.
Amazing eggs benedict with one of the best hollandaise sauces I've tasted (next challenge is to make one of my own), and all washed down with a mimosa- happy Tuesday!



Enjoying brunch @ Bluebird


A lovely afternoon spent in SW3!

Another benefit to being on a break is having well needed 'me time', which more often than not involves coffee, cake and catching up on gossip and fashion (cue piles of glossy mags).

Soya Cappuccino @ Look mum no hands!
A few friends have recommended Look mum no hands (in Old Street EC1) a bike repair come coffee shop.


Comfortingly the cute place was filled with people like me- on their own seeking solitude and damn good coffee! As a dedicated tea drinker, I tend to have no more than 2/3 coffees per week so the fact that I had 3 over the course of 2 hours really does say a lot about how good the coffee was!

Cake! Cake! Cake!

As an N1 resident with Upper Street practically on my doorstep, I always look out for new places that pop up and the most recent is Belle Epoque- a French patisserie selling a range of beautiful cakes and pastries. Now the hardest thing about venturing into a bakery is deciding which naughty treat to have, but as a lover of a lemon tart my decision was made for me- just look at it!

Lovely lemon tart @ Belle Epoque N1

In keeping with a 'cake theme' a friend and I recently treated ourselves to a visit to Laduree in Covent Garden Piazza. With an extensive range of macaroons, again making decisions was difficult.


In the end I chose a salted caramel, raspberry and chocolate coconut marshmallow! No one makes a macaroon like Laduree!

Tea, coffee, brunch and MANY cakes called for a bit of exercise and what better way to do so than to walk along the Thames taking in the sights of my home city!


London, I do love you!

D! x









No comments:

Post a Comment