Sunday 7 September 2014

Fabulous Fusion at Kopapa

It is well known that 'going for brunch' is one of my favourite past times, so whenever a girlfriend suggests meeting for brunch and a catch up I can't put it into my diary fast enough! This weekend's chosen place was Peter Gordon's Kopapa- a fusion restaurant in the heart of Covent Garden!

Kopapa in Covent Garden
I've been meaning to go here for some time as I have read many rave reviews, and I'm happy to say that it didn't disappoint! From the minute you walk through the door the atmosphere is buzzing and the smell of fresh coffee hits you, which was no surprise as the restaurant pays homage to it's street name- serving Monmouth coffee. With the attack on my senses I ordered a soya cappuccino (extra-hot of course) and began to try and make my choice from the mouth-watering menu.

Soya Cappucino using Monmouth Coffee
With everything from fruit and granola; avocado, goats cheese and chill on toast to a black pudding fry up making a decision was a tough one. However, having read a little about the infamous 'Turkish Eggs' (poached eggs, whipped yoghurt and hot chilli butter) I was extremely intrigued to try it. I ordered it with sour dough toast and a portion of grilled tomatoes (can't get enough of them at the minute). The eggs were infused with the chilli butter which provided the right amount of spice, mixed with the creaminess of the yoghurt and all put together with the toast and tomatoes, I felt like I'd gone to brunch heaven!

Turkish Eggs

My friend's vegetarian fry up with the perfect scrambled eggs!

As well as the delicious food, the wait staff were efficient and helpful and the bustling atmosphere couldn't be faulted! As I finish writing this post, I am already planning my return...the only question is, what will I have next time?

D! x


No comments:

Post a Comment