Sunday 5 April 2015

Guilty Pleasures

April... Where did you come from? Can't quite believe we're in a new month already! However, with a new month comes a new Travel Link up post and this months travel link up with the ladies (EmmaKellyRebecca and guest host Polly) is all about Guilty Pleasures! I have to say I am known to have quite a few of these, cue confession time: reality t.v shows (namely TOWIE and MIC), all the magazines- from travel to food to gossip and my guiltiest pleasure of all... Socks! (I have quite the collection).

So when travelling I am rather guilty of having a guilty pleasure or two!

First up - JUMPING!

"Jumping or leaping is a form of locomotion or movement in which an organism propels itself through the air along a ballistic trajectory" ha ha- I love that definition, especially as I imagine myself propelled through the air! However my jumping trajectory is normally of a small, upward distance and is always for the sake of a photo! This guilty pleasure of mine didn't begin at an age when you have no fear, at an age when it may be deemed more socially acceptable to jump everywhere but instead started when my good friend Carla and I decided that it would be a great idea to commemorate every holiday with a jumping photograph! So alas, seven years later it is fair to say that I have built up quite the collection of jumping photos...

Starting my love affair with jumping photos in Penang, Malaysia...

Jumping on sand is actually really difficult!
Just look at the hair...
So I cheated a little here in Edinburgh... ha ha


I think this last one in Central Park is definitely jumping perfected! :-)

Next up- SUNSETS & SUNRISES

It doesn't matter where I am in the world, what time it is- be it early in the morning or late into the evening I always have to witness a sunset or sunrise, something that at times can bug my fellow travel companions (mainly when I make them get up at 5am- they know it's so worth it). As I am sure many of you will concur, there is something so serene and special about watching the sun rise or go down and, as much as I love to photograph the beautiful hues and colours, I always make sure to put my camera down and soak up the tranquil atmosphere that these moments provide.

Sunrise on the Perenthian islands, Malaysia
Sunset on Fraser Island
Sun rising over Angkor Wat
Soaking up the sunset over the Grand Canyon
A Croatian sunset
Finally-  FOOD!

Food is undoubtedly a common pleasure among holiday-goers and rightfully deserves it's place on the guilty pleasures list. I don't know how many times I have heard myself say "well... I am on holiday", a phrase that I am sure is resonant to many and one that makes you feel just that bit better about tucking into that big juicy burger or having that second slice of chocolate cake.. Note to self: do not partake in jumping photo after eating holiday sized portions of food!

Snails in Paris.. Look at all that garlic!
Paella for one... 
Making my own food in Malaysia
Brunching xl in NYC

And yes... I did manage to eat every last bit! :-)

Do you have any guilty pleasures while travelling?

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment